The Childcare Voucher scheme is closing to new entrants on the 4th of October. Please see below for more information from the guys at Kiddi Voucher.
|Childcare Voucher scheme closure to new entrants|
The Government are closing the Childcare Voucher scheme to new entrants on 4th October 2018. Parents who wish to continue enjoying the savings which Childcare Vouchers offer must have registered and received vouchers prior to the 4th October 2018.
What this really means
· In order to receive vouchers prior to 4th October, the actual deadline for ordering vouchers is the September payroll!
· Schools and term-time only employees need to act now to ensure their voucher orders are in place prior to the September payroll cut off.
Actions employers can take
1. Tell your employees! There is some wording below for you to send to all your employees. You simply need to fill in your employer specific information before sending.
2. Create awareness with the attached poster.
3. Tell us if you would like to extend your September payroll deadline to enable more employees to sign up prior to October 4th 2018. We will need to be notified by 31st July 2018. Please note that we expect a peak in enquiries from parents during September as a result of predicted media coverage. We recommend that you extend your September payroll deadline now in order to reduce your workload in handling last-minute requests in September.
A message to forward to your employees
In 2017 the Government introduced a new Tax-Free Childcare scheme, with a view to closing existing Childcare Voucher schemes to new entrants. The deadline to join Childcare Vouchers is 4th October 2018. You must join and receive vouchers before the deadline if you want to be able to use Childcare Vouchers now or in future. If you are not yet a member of our Childcare Voucher scheme, you must order your first vouchers in time to receive them in your September pay. We strongly recommend that you register immediately to avoid missing the payroll deadline.
Existing scheme members can continue to enjoy the benefits of the Childcare Voucher scheme for as long as you remain in your current employment, provided you don’t take a break of more than 52 weeks from receiving vouchers.
The KiddiVouchers team has found that 60% of parents will save more with Childcare Vouchers than with the replacement Tax-Free Childcare scheme. If you would like to know whether Childcare Vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare provide the most savings for you, simply visit the KiddiVouchers website and use the savings calculator.